Culver City Arts District Offers Easy Access to Diverse Galleries
One of the amazing aspects of the Culver City Real Estate area is the Culver City Arts District (CCAD). The CCAD includes a wide range of galleries that provide a diverse array of art venues along Washington Blvd. and Cienega Blvd.
Local listing agent Martin Feinberg notes that the CCAD incorporates dozens of galleries representing works by prominent artists as well as works by artists who are just beginning to emerge onto the art scene.
Some galleries along the CCAD corridor have had ties to the Culver City area for years, while others are relatively new to the area. Roberts Projects (robertsprojectsla.com), formerly known as Roberts & Tilton, has been a prominent gallery in Culver City since 1999 for example. Thinkspace Gallery (thinkspaceprojects.com) focuses more on unique collaborations and curatorial practices but Klowden Mann (klowdenmann.com), and Susanne Vielmetter (vielmetter.com) host local and globally renowned artists
Other spaces in the Culver City Arts District are known for their interactive roles in the art community. Sixty29 Contemporary (sixty29contemporary.com) is the private art studio of Carlo Marcucci, but they also host live music events during Art Walks and other CCAD events. UCPLA Washington Reid Gallery (ucpla.org) has fostered the careers of promising artists diagnosed with cerebral palsy, autism and Down Syndrome, and is an important fixture within the community.
Some of the other galleries representing mid-career and emerging artists are FP Contemporary (fpcontemporary.com), Robert Graham Studio (robertgraham-artist.com), the Fabian Castanier Gallery (castaniergallery.com), and the Bradford Steward Contemporary Art (bradfordstewart.com) on Smiley Dr.
- Culver City Arts District – Gallery Hours of Operation are as follows:
- Roberts Projects Tuesday-Saturday: 11 am – 6 pm or by appointment
- Thinkspace Gallery Tuesday-Saturday: 12 pm – 6 pm
- Klowden Mann Tuesday-Saturday: 11 am – 5 pm or by appointment
- Susanne Vielmetter Tuesday-Saturday: 10 am – 6 pm or by appointment
- FP Contemporary Tuesday-Saturday: 11 am – 6 pm or by appointment
- Sixty29 Contemporary Open by appointment
- UCPLA Washington Reid Gallery Monday-Friday: 10 am – 4 pm
- Robert Graham Studio Hours 10 am – 6 pm, appointment only
- Fabian Castanier Gallery Tuesday-Saturday: 11 am – 6 pm
- Sunday & Monday by appointment only
- Bradford Steward Contemporary Art Visit website for more details.
For more information Martin Feinberg, Realtor, suggests visiting CulverCityArtsDistrict.com.