Culver City Garden Club to hold Annual Show and Sale June 9 and 10
According to the Culver City Garden Club website, “this family friendly event will include an Exhibition of homegrown plants, flowers, edibles and crafts entered by our members and the community. It’s a great opportunity to stock up on the plants you want for pennies on the dollar — nurtured by members of the Culver City Garden Club as well as vendors selling a wide range of the plants you know, exotic, drought-tolerant, even some rare or hard to find plants and more. Don’t be surprised to find some “Collector Faves”.
Martin Feinberg, Culver City Realtor, notes that this year’s show features:
- Plant contest — Open to everyone, individuals, hobbyists, schools — Everyone!
- Raffle Mania: GRAND PRIZE: One-night stay with Breakfast at Culver City Hotel. Win gift cards, certificates, tokens, plants, floral arrangements, garden tools, accessories and supplies and even more goodies — All donated by some of your favorite restaurants, grocery stores, chain stores, nurseries, retail outlets and other local businesses (Raffles will be held throughout the day on both days of the Show)
- FREE starter plants for kids and beginning gardeners
- Vendors selling a range of plants (rare and exotic), ceramics, jewelry and other arts and crafts
- California native and drought tolerant plants
- Air cleaning houseplants and more
- Certified “Master Gardeners” on-hand to answer your gardening questions.
- Exciting workshops on interesting topics including “Bonsai Demo and Raffle”, “Finding your own rocks for gardening”, “How to: Miniature Gardens” and more.
Anyone in the community can enter plants, flowers and vegetables, garden related arts, crafts, and photography in the Culver City Garden Club Show and Sale. Entries will be put on display and will also be eligible for awards. Local listing agent Martin Feinberg also reminds residents that club members and select vendors will be selling plants, crafts, and garden items to the public.
PLANT ENTRY TIME:
7:00 AM – 8:30 AM the morning of the show.
Saturday, June 9 2018, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM Sunday June 10 2018, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
This year’s Show and Sale will be held at the Culver City Teen Center in the Veterans Memorial Complex at 4153 Overland Ave. The Teen Center is located between Culver Blvd. and Barman Ave., between the Auditorium and Swimming Pool.
For further information, visit CulverCityGardenClub.org.