Golden State Water Emergency Disaster Relief Program Available to Help
Local listing agent Martin Feinberg was surprised to learn that there is a Golden State Water Emergency Disaster Relief Program that offers protections for customers impacted by wildfires or other natural disasters. The program, which is available to both residential and business customers, offers support, fee waivers, and flexible payment plans. It also complies with California Public Utilities Commission Resolution No. M-4833 and Decision No. 19-07-015
The Emergency Disaster Relief Program becomes available to customers, including those within the Culver City Real Estate area, in the event that a State of Emergency is declared at the state or federal levels. Should that occur, customers who suffer disaster-related loss or disruption of delivery or receipt of service, and/or face a loss of the quality of service, are eligible to receive the following:
- Support and help with resolving prior unpaid bills;
- Waiver of reconnection or facilities fees along with suspension of deposits for those who have to reconnect to the system;
- Additional flexibility in payment options;
- Waiver of bills for those who lose their homes or whose homes are rendered uninhabitable;
- Waiver of any fixed portion of a water bill, such as a meter charge, for the time that the home is declared uninhabitable. This applies even if the home is uninhabitable regardless of the state of the water service.
Denise Kruger, Senior Vice President of Regulated Utilities, stated, “Devastating wildfires and other natural disasters like earthquakes are a reality for all Californians, and Golden State Water wants customers to know they will be protected if they are ever impacted by a life-changing disaster. We have been a water provider in California for more than 90 years, and our customers are our families, friends and neighbors. We have programs like this in place so our communities affected by disaster can focus on the things that matter most.”
To learn more about the Golden State Water Emergency Disaster Relief Program customers should visit http://www.gswater.com/disaster-relief.
Martin Feinberg, Realtor notes that the Golden State Water website provides all protection information in English, Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Russian and Tagalog.